How to Cancel Spotify Premium – With the development of technology, many services are offered to users. These sites, which provide services such as watching movies and TV series, playing games and listening to music, make our daily lives much easier.
One of these services is Spotify. However, some users may request to cancel their Spotify premium account.
That’s why we wanted to prepare a content that will explain how to cancel Spotify Premium. In addition to being able to cancel your Premium membership, we will also provide information on resolving some issues.
Some users want to cancel or close their Premium account to solve some of their problems. In order to prevent this situation, we will also tell you about the solution of a few possible problems. But first, we will explain what is Spotify Premium.
What is Spotify Premium?
Spotify , one of the most popular music listening platforms in the world , offers premium account members some privileges within the platform. Spotify, which has two main plans, Free and Premium, makes it possible for both groups to listen to music. However, the rights of Premium account holders are slightly different.
The biggest thing that separates Spotify Premium members from free memberships is the ad-free music listening experience.
Although it is possible to use Spotify without paying any fee, some advertisements appear among the music these people listen to. On the other hand, there is no question of encountering any ads in Spotify Premium accounts.
Another important factor is being able to choose the song to listen to. People with a free Spotify account have the right to play playlists and song radio. Moreover, they cannot directly select the song to listen to in these playlists. They can only play in a mixed format.
On the other hand, Spotify Premium accounts offer the opportunity to play any song directly and to choose the desired song in the playlist. So you can listen to music without having to hear the songs you don’t want to listen to.
One of the most important features is undoubtedly offline use. The free version of Spotify offers online use only. In other words, downloading music directly to your device and listening offline is not possible for free Spotify users.
On Spotify Premium accounts, offline listening and music download options are active. You can download the music or playlists you want to your device, and listen to them wherever you want even if you don’t have an internet connection. This feature is a life saver, especially in areas where there is no metro and internet.
While there are many more differences, these are among the most important. There are also different plans where Spotify Premium members can have these rights. One of them is the Family account. This account, which you can share with 6 people living together, provides Premium rights at a discount.
Apart from this, it is also possible to create a plan that can be used by two people with Spotify Duo. In addition, the opportunity to use Spotify for 50% less with a student discount is also offered. Apart from this, you can also use Spotify Premium without a discount.
How to Cancel Spotify Premium On PC
The easiest and most reliable way to cancel your Spotify Premium account is actually to do this with a computer. The main reason for this is that the Spotify Premium account is not canceled through the application. Unfortunately, there is no way yet to cancel your Premium account from the Spotify app.
For this reason, we will make use of Spotify’s website in the method we will tell you about. Spotify directs you to the website to perform many account-related actions. One of them is to cancel your Spotify Premium account. To cancel your account, you must follow these steps:
- First of all, you need to reach Spotify’s website . As we mentioned, you can do many operations on this site.
- Then login to the account you want to cancel Premium membership. For this step, click the Login button at the top right of the homepage.
- After logging into your account, you must click on the Account section.
- Spotify will present you with a web-based music player after login. Here you need to click on your username on the top right and then on the Account option.
- If you wish, you can also access your account settings directly with this link .
- After reaching your account, all you need to do is enter the Available plans tab. Here you can view the plans that are currently active for your account.
- You can remove the Premium plan assigned to your account by clicking the Cancel Premium button at the bottom of your current plans.
Spotify will ask you for verification before completing this process. In order to avoid any problems, he will ask you questions about whether you are sure.
By confirming these questions, you can ensure that your Premium membership expires. Note also that you can use Premium privileges until the next cutoff date.
How to Cancel Spotify Premium On Android
The second device you can use to terminate your Spotify Premium account is an Android phone or tablet. As we mentioned before, it is not yet possible to complete this process through an application. For this reason, all the operations we will do will be done through the browser.
If you want to cancel your Spotify Premium account from an Android device, the first thing you need to do is to make sure that you have an active internet connection and that you have a browser installed on your device. You should then follow these steps:
- You must reach Spotify’s website and log in to your account. After this process, you should tap on the option to open your Account settings. If you wish, you can access your Account settings directly with this link .
- In the menu that will appear, you need to find the option with your active plans. For this, you can click on the Existing plans option or the Change plan button in the overview.
- You should then be on the page with your current plans. Here you will find information about the Premium plan (such as Family, Duo, Student) that you are included in. At the bottom of the page, there is a Cancel Premium button. Click this button.
- Spotify will ask a few questions to confirm that you want to close your Premium account. After confirming these questions, your Premium account will be closed. You can enjoy Spotify Premium privileges until the next fee cut date.
How to Cancel Spotify Premium On iPhone
After the computer and Android and Spotify Premium cancellation methods, it’s time for Apple devices. If you created a Spotify Premium account via an Apple ID, the process may work a little differently for you.
We mentioned that the Premium subscription is not terminated in any way through Spotify’s application. However, it is possible to terminate subscriptions purchased with your Apple ID directly from your Apple ID. That is, you can terminate these subscriptions without entering the Spotify website in any way.
However, it should be noted that this process is only valid for people who have a Spotify Premium account with an Apple ID. Here are the steps you need to take:
- Enter the Settings menu of your device with your Apple ID turned on.
- Tap your Apple ID settings in the Settings menu on your iPhone or iPad. You can access these settings from the section where your name is written.
- Then tap on Subscriptions. Here you can view all the services you subscribe to with an Apple ID.
- Find and tap Spotify among your subscriptions.
- The last thing you will do is to click the Unsubscribe button. Your Spotify Premium subscription will then be cancelled.
What You Should Know Before Canceling Spotify Premium
We have explained three different methods for you to cancel your Spotify Premium subscription. You can choose any of these methods. Your Premium account will be canceled regardless of the method you choose. This cancellation process will also apply to all devices where your account is open.
However, you should not forget that there are important details that you should pay attention to before terminating your Premium account. Because, if you unconsciously cancel your Spotify Premium account, you are likely to encounter undesirable results.
As we constantly emphasize in our article, Premium account offers some privileges to its users. These privileges include offline listening, ad-free music experience, and the ability to play the playlist the way you want. You should know that when you cancel your premium account, you will lose all these privileges.
Canceling your Premium account can also be referred to as switching to Spotify Free. In this plan, some advantages are replaced by restrictions. One of them is listening to an ad every 15 minutes. Also, you can skip only 6 songs per hour.
We also mentioned that offline use is not available. Indirectly, there is no chance to download music in any way or to use Spotify without internet. It is also possible to play only playlists and do this via shuffle. However, it is also useful to know that you can download podcasts to your device with the Spotify Free plan .
Another important issue is the difference between terminating your Spotify Premium subscription and closing the account. If you terminate your Spotify Premium subscription, you can continue to use your account. Therefore, the method of closing your Spotify account is not included in this content.
The method you need to follow to close your Spotify account completely is quite different. This process includes steps to change your active Spotify plan. For this reason, you should remember that your Spotify account will not be closed after the actions you take.
You can also enjoy Premium benefits until some time after you terminate your Spotify Premium subscription. However, it depends on your billing date. For example, if you pay for Spotify on the 25th of each month, you can use the Premium benefits until the 25th of the next month. If you canceled on the 24th, that means one day. However, if you cancel on the 26th, you can enjoy the Premium subscription for about a month.