Check out how to record and edit videos on Snapchat, or as the platform christened it: make Snaps.
The process for creating videos on Snapchat is quite simple, but you can use some of the functions available on the platform to style your content before posting.
Open Snapchat (Android | iOS) and log in to your account. After that, see the step by step below where users can record and edit videos directly from the platform.
How to record video on Snapchat
When opening Snapchat, the user is already in the area to record a video or take a picture, quite intuitive. However, if you navigate through other menus, simply tap the camera button on the bottom taskbar to return to the recording area.
The recording time is determined by the time the user holds down the button. To record, simply:
- Start by positioning the camera for what you want to record;
- Tap “+” to add a recording timer and a proportion grid;
- Press the record button at the bottom of the screen;
- After recording, you will be directed to the editing and posting area.
How to add Scenes and Face Lenses
It’s important to say that the total number of available lenses may vary depending on the user’s phone model, in addition to the app version, so keep them up to date.
- Tap anywhere on the screen while recording to add a Scene Lens;
- If you’re looking for Face Lens, just tap on the face that appears in the recording;
- In both cases, a carousel appears at the bottom of the screen;
- Swipe right and find the Lens you want or tap “Browse” to find another one;
- Browse the galleries until you find the one you want.
How to edit videos on Snapchat
During recording it is possible to edit the video a little, add music to the content , however, in the Snapchat video editor the user finds a lot of functionality.
It might be a good idea to search for the Snapchat filter you want to add even before recording, so that when editing, you can find and add easily. Check below to browse and edit videos.
- In the editing section, use the bottom menu to apply a filter;
- Swipe left to speed up or slow down the video;
- Swipe right to enter predefined text or system filters;
- In the menu on the right you can use the last two icons to define the orientation of the video and its loop, respectively.
In addition to these options, users can also, by pressing each icon, add:
- Q: allows you to add text to a Snap;
- Pencil: lets you draw freely on Snap;
- Stickers: Lets you add stickers and emojis to Snaps;
- Scissors: allows you to crop areas of the image and use them as stickers;
- Speaker: allows you to mute the video;
- Quotes: allows audio transcription;
- Clip: Lets you add a link to a Snap.
Adding Lenses in Editing
If you don’t use Lens during the recording process, you can add it before posting the video on social networks. The process is simple, just:
- In the edit menu, find it in the sidebar and tap the magnifying glass button with a star;
- Various effects appear on the screen and can be used in videos;
- Browse the available galleries and find the one you want;
- Tap to add it to the video;
- The Lens name appears in the video indicating that it has been added.
Ready! This way you can easily record and edit videos on Snapchat, apply effects, filters and create content on the social network, which will be available for 24 hours.
- How to Make Zoom Snapchat Filters
- How to make a group chat on Snapchat
- How To Send a voice message on Snapchat on iPhone and Android