How To Root And Install TWRP Samsung Galaxy S8 / S8+ – Samsung Galaxy S8 is a high-end smartphone that has a myriad of features that may not be found on other smartphones. One of the main features of this phone is that it uses dual cameras on the back, which are 12 and 9 megapixels respectively, and can record 4K video with a resolution of 2160p @ 30fps- 1080p @ 60fps. This is the third Samsung product to use a dual-camera after the Samsung Galaxy Note 8 and J7 Plus. The front camera is no less powerful, which is 8 megapixels and capable of recording video up to a resolution of 1440p @ 30fps.
On the screen, Samsung has also pinned its flagship screen, the 5.8-inch Super Amoled with a resolution of 1440 x 2960 pixels (5: 9 ratio) and a density of ~ 570 ppi. In addition, to make this screen even more complete, a protection called Corning Gorilla Glass 5 is also embedded which can protect it from sharp scratches and is resistant to impact.
Even so, some of the users must have felt that the interface still needed to be modified or even the speed needed to be improved again. But to do this, of course, users need to get full/complete/absolute access to this cellphone by rooting. Now to root yourself there are many ways you can do, including rooting via TWRP ( SuperSU ), via ODIN ( CF Auto Root ) and Using Kingroot ( without a computer ) .
What is the root and why should I root my Samsung Galaxy S8?
If you need to get full control of the Samsung Galaxy S8, the only solution will be to root. In plain terms, this suggests that you will be the administrator of your Samsung Galaxy S8. Keep in mind, the software restrictions manufacturer of power to prevent you from doing stupid things. If your smartphone is docked, you can do bad by brick operations. Have a Samsung Galaxy S8 root, you can: Read Also: How To Root Samsung Galaxy S7 / S7 Edge [100% WORK].
- Raise the overall performance of your Samsung Galaxy S8 overclocking CPU
- Raise the battery life of your Samsung Galaxy S8
- Install / Uninstall Apps specified required
- Personalize your Samsung Galaxy S8 with the ROM of your selection
How To Install TWRP Samsung Galaxy S8 dan S8 Plus
Apart from ROOT using CF Auto Root, the rooting process that has a high success rate is through TWRP. From TWRP (Team Win Recovery Project), rooting will be done using an application called Magisk Root. Why Magisk? Because so far rooting with SuperSU is still not possible. Next, for those of you who want to install or replace the default CWM with TWRP, here is the tutorial.
Step # 1. Before heading to the TWRP installation steps, first prepare some of the necessary equipment and applications.
- Computer (PC) / Laptop.
- Original or original Data / USB cable.
- Download the Samsung USB Driver then install it on the computer.
- Download the Odin3 v3.12.3 and extract the file.
- Download one of the following TWRPs:
- Galaxy S8 (Dreamlte-Exynos vaiants-G950F/FD/N/X)
- Galaxy S8+ (Dream2lte-Exynos variants-G955F/FD/X/N).
- Download no-verity-opt-encrypt.zip and MagiskRoot then move them to the external memory (SD Card) of the phone.
Urgent!Before starting the process, I suggest doing a FULL BACKUP , be it the Android Operating System or other important data. Because if something goes wrong, then you can restore / restore it to its original state.
Step # 2. Enable / Enable OEM Lock and USB Debugging first by:
- Go to Settings then scroll down to the bottom, find and open About Device.
- Next, tap 5-7 times on the Build Number until the notification ” Developer Mode is Active ” (or a similar notification) appears.
- Return to the settings menu again, find and open ” Developer Options / Developer Mode “.
- Look for the words OEM Lock and USB Debugging then enable / enable both.
Step # 3. Turn off the Device / Smartphone until it is totally off. Then enter Downloading Mode by pressing the “Volume Down + Bixby + Power ” button simultaneously for a few seconds until you feel a vibration. Continue again by pressing the ” Volume Up ” button .
Step # 4. Connect the phone to the PC / Laptop using a USB cable then continue by opening the ODIN application on the computer by right clicking and selecting ” Run as Administrator “.
Step # 5. Click on the AP section and look for the TWRP file that you downloaded earlier. Then press and hold the ” Bixby + Power + Volume Up button”on the cellphone (don’t remove it until the TWRP installation process is complete) then click Start and wait for the installation process to finish.
Note : Do not release the” Bixby + Power + Volume Up ” button , before your cellphone is actually on the TWRP menu. remove it, then TWRP installation will likely fail.
If the installation is successful, it will say ” PASS ” (green background). At this stage, please close the Odin application and remove the USB cable that connects the smartphone to the PC / Laptop. However, if the background is red and it says FAILED, that means something is wrong.
Step # 6. To enter the TWRP menu after the process of step # 5 above, please press the ” Bixby + Power + Volume Up ” button simultaneously until the device vibrates. Congratulations, the TWRP installation has been successful. Read Also: 4 Ways How to Root LG Stylo 4 Without PC [100% WORK].
How To Root Samsung Galaxy S8 / S8+
1. Root via TWRP (MagiskRoot)
How To Root Samsung Galaxy S8 / S8+ without PC If you have successfully installed TWRP, you should now be in the TWRP menu. If so, let’s move on to the rooting process. But I need to emphasize that this process will erase all data stored in the internal memory of the phone. That’s why, at the beginning of the article, I made it clear to do BACKUP.
- In the TWRP menu, select “Keep / system RO”.
- Select wipe ” Wipe» Format Data “and type the command” yes “to continue.
- Select ” Reboot ” and select ” Recovery ” to boot into TWRP.
- Select ” Install ” then look for the no-verity-opt-encrypt.zip file that you downloaded earlier.
- Select ” Install ” again then flash the MagiskRoot file that you downloaded earlier.
- Continue by selecting Reboot to System .
To ensure that your device is rooted, please look for the SuperSU application on the smartphone. If there is it means the root was successful, if there is not it means failed. To be more sure, please download an application called Root Checker on the Google Play Store.
2. Root Via Odin (CF Auto Root)
The second way to root which has a fairly high success rate is to use the CF Auto Root file. This method has been proven effective for various types and brands of smartphones, one of which is Samsung. How to use it is also quite easy, here is the tutorial.
- Download the CF Auto Root Galaxy S8 and S8 + application (search and select according to device model) and extract the file to the computer.
- Turn off the cell phone.
- Enter the Downloading Mode menu (press the Home + Vol Down + Power button) and continue pressing the Volume Up button .
- Connect your cellphone via USB cable to the computer.
- Open the ODIN application by running as administrator .
- Click the AP button and locate the CF Auto Root file.
- On the Odin Option tab, check Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time .
- Click the Start button and wait for the installation process to complete.
- The phone will restart automatically, again please wait.
- The restart process will take approximately 3 to 5 minutes, so don’t turn off your cellphone.
3. Root Without Computer (KingRoot)
Another alternative that is worth trying to root Samsung Galaxy S8 / S8+ without PC is to use a third-party application. However, this method has a fairly low success rate when compared to the 2 methods above. And if you want to try this method, here are the steps.
- Download the KingRoot.zip application then extract the file.
- Install the kingroot application.
- If there is an Install Blocked message, please tap Settings – Security – activate Unknown Sources.
- Connect your cellphone to an internet connection (required).
- Run the kingroot application. If there is an Installation Blocked message during the rooting process, tap on More Details then select Install anyway (Unsave) .
- After the rooting process is complete, the phone will restart automatically.
That’s How to Install TWRP and 3 methods that can be done to Root Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8 + without PC. Hopefully, the above mentioned is useful for those of you who need it. Thank you for visiting.