In this post, we at Salusdigital will show you how to set up voicemail on the iPhone 12.
Setting up voicemail on an iPhone 12 is a crucial step in making sure the user doesn’t miss out on an important call. While setting up an iPhone 12 in general is as easy as following the prompts displayed on the screen, adding a voicemail is also a simple process that requires only a few steps to complete. Adding to the simplicity, the steps are very similar between carriers, including Verizon and AT&T.
Various changes came with the new iPhone model, including the decision to not include new chargers in the box. While many of the core features of an iPhone tend not to change that often, there are times when they do.
For example, starting with the iPhone X, Apple changed how the user turns off or restarts the iPhone, though it is still a user-friendly process. Wireless MagSafe charging, the A14 Bionic chip, and a Ceramic Shield to protect the screen are among the new features of the iPhone 12 series.
There are also plenty of features that iPhone users will already be familiar with, including Siri and Apple Pay.
How To Set Up Voicemail on iPhone 12
- Go to the Phone app.
- Tap on the “Voicemail” tab at the bottom right.
- Tap “Set Up Now”.
- Now create a voicemail password and then select “Done”.
- Re-enter the voicemail password again and then select “Done”.
- Select the custom or default option for your Voicemail. If you wish to record your own Voicemail, select “Custom”.
- Voicemail should now be set on your iPhone 12 device.
How to Configure iPhone 12’s Visual Voicemail Transcription
Voicemail transcription, which is supported by most US carriers and is accessible on the iPhone 12, works similarly to Visual Voicemail. Follow these steps to view a voicemail’s transcript on your device:
- Open the Phone app on your iPhone 12 first.
- Select Voicemail.
- The app will start trancribing any recently received voicemail as soon as you tap it for the first time. The transcription ought to appear on the voicemail page after a little delay.
- The words that are missing from the transcription (__) are those that could not be transcribed because the message was muddled or ambiguous.
- When the transcription is done, you can send the text of the voicemail through AirDrop, Mail, or iMessage by tapping the Share button.
Managing the Voicemail on Your iPhone 12
You might need to alter your voicemail’s password or greeting at some point. The default voicemail notification sound can be something you dislike and want to modify. They are all simple options to change.
- Go to Phone > Voicemail and choose Greeting to alter your voicemail greeting. Then adhere to the instructions to modify the greeting.
- For voicemail password changes: Enter your new password by going to Settings > Phone > Change Voicemail Password.
- To modify the voicemail alert tones Select the sound you wish to use from the Alert Tones menu by going to Settings > Sounds & Haptics > New Voicemail.
- From a voicemail, select the Call Back option after tapping the voicemail to start a call.
- Touch a voicemail to access it, then tap Remove to delete it. You should not erase a voicemail if you believe you might wish to retrieve it, since certain carriers may immediately delete it totally.