How to share playlists in Apple Music on iPhone and iPad – Apple Music allows you to create, manage, and share playlists with other users, just like any other major music streaming platform available today.
If you are a music enthusiast, chances are you have already cleaned up some playlists on your iPhone or iPad, and you may want to share those Apple Music playlists with others.
Mastering the art of cleaning playlists is not an easy task as it takes a lot of patience and effort to keep your playlists constantly updated as your music preferences change over time. Regardless, it can be essential in organizing all the songs in your music library and what you want to listen to.
If you are an Apple Music user who is good at cleaning up playlists, you may want to share one or more of your playlists with your friends to impress them.
In this tutorial, we will discuss exactly how you can share playlists on Apple Music on iPhone or iPad with friends, family, coworkers, or others.
How to share playlists in Apple Music on iPhone and iPad
Although you don’t need to subscribe to Apple Music to create and manage playlists on your iPhone or iPad, you’ll need to pay for the service if you ever want to share playlists with friends.
So if you have already subscribed to the service, follow the steps below to learn how to share a playlist.
- Open the default “Music” app from the home screen of your iPhone or iPad.
- Go to the “Library” section of the Music app and tap on “Playlists”.
- In the “Playlists” menu, tap on the playlists you want to share, similar to the screenshot below.
- Here, tap on the “triple dot” icon just above the fuse switch.
- The “More” menu will appear at the bottom of the screen. Just tap on “Share”.
- Now, you’ll see the option to share your playlist with other iOS users via AirDrop or send your playlist URL to other social media and messaging platforms.
- Also, if you want to display the playlist on your Apple Music profile for your followers to see, just tap “Edit” in the top right corner of the screen.
- Tap the switch next to “Show on my profile and search” to make your playlist visible on your profile. Now tap “Done” to confirm your action.
That’s all you need to do to share Apple Music playlists with friends and other users.
The recipient of your shared playlist must also subscribe to the Apple Music streaming service to play the full song. However, if they’re not subscribers, they can still hear a 30-second preview of each song in the playlist, which in most cases should be good enough to get a rough idea of the song.
Read Also: How To Share a Playlist on Apple Music
Since Apple is pursuing the idea of socializing music and “Music + Friends”, probably to compete with Spotify, we could expect Apple to add more features to the Friends section of the online music app. From now on, you’re limited to seeing what your friends are listening to, viewing your shared playlists, and tracking your contacts.
So create a playlist on Apple Music and share it! Organize a hit playlist and share it, enjoy your music and share it with others with Apple Music.
Have you shared some of your playlists with your friends to show off your awesome playlist cleaning skills? What do you think of the social features offered by Apple Music? Tell us your thoughts and opinions in the comments section below.