How to transfer photos from a phone to a flash drive. Do you need to transfer photos from your mobile to a flash drive and you don’t know how? Whether you want to empty your device’s memory or create backups, there are many ways to transfer your images to a USB stick quickly and easily.
Thus, you can have them at any time to print them or share them with your friends.
If you already know how to transfer photos from mobile to computer , it is time to learn how to transfer photos from mobile to USB.
In this article we will explain, step by step, the different methods that exist to transfer everything without complications.
Use a computer to transfer photos from mobile to flash drive
The easiest way to transfer the files from the mobile to a flash drive is through a computer. All you need is a USB cable that fits the input of your device. It is not necessary to install any program or application for this process, just follow the steps that we will indicate below:
- Plug the pendrive into one of the USB ports on your computer. Choose what you want to do with this device. Choose “Open device to view files”.
- Connect your mobile with the USB cable in the other input and select the option to transfer files or images, as appropriate.
- On your computer, go to the folder that corresponds to your mobile device and select the photos you want to save on your flash drive.
- Press the “Ctrl+C” keys or right-click and select “Copy”.
- Open the folder corresponding to your flash drive and paste the images with the “Ctrl+V” keys or by clicking on “Paste”.
Another faster way to transfer the photos from the mobile to the USB memory is by right clicking on the selected photos, expanding the “Send to” menu and pressing on the pen drive or external memory detected by the operating system of your computer.
Transfer photos from mobile to a dual port flash drive
If you want to do without the computer, you can also buy a dual-port mobile flash drive. These have the appearance of a normal pen drive only that, on one side, they have a normal USB port and, on the other end, a smaller charging port to connect it to the mobile.
Once you get it, you just have to follow these steps:
- Connect your flash drive to the mobile device.
- Select the images you want to transfer and click on “Share”.
- Share the photos in the pendrive folder.
This is one of the most direct methods that exist and can be applied to any type of file you have on your device, such as documents, videos, audios, among others. And due to the double port, you can connect it to the computer or TV screen to view the images from there without inconvenience.
How to transfer photos from mobile to USB with an OTG cable
If you need something more versatile, try buying an OTG cable that allows you to connect your flash drive to different devices. There are different types depending on the model of your mobile. For example, if you want to know how to transfer photos from a Samsung mobile to a flash drive, we recommend you buy an OTG cable compatible with micro USB.
Then, follow these steps that we will detail below:
- Connect the mobile and the pendrive with the OTG cable.
- Select the photos you want to transfer to the device’s external memory.
- At the bottom, select “Share.”
- The flash drive folder should appear with the name “USB storage” (it may vary). Select it to store the photos there.
- Click on “Done”.
- To safely disconnect the cable, go to “Settings” and then “Storage”.
- Press the three dots and select “Storage settings”.
- Deselect the flash drive and carefully remove it.
Whether you use the OTG cable or the dual-port pen drive, you should always remove it safely after transferring your photos from the mobile device. That way, you will prevent the files from being damaged and you can use them for anything else.
Use an application to transfer photos from mobile to flash drive
If it is difficult for you to transfer files or you are looking for more practical methods to do this task, you can also install applications or programs to transfer the photos from the mobile to the USB memory.
Next, we will give you a list of the best file managers and explain how they work.
Files de Google
If you want to do without the computer, you can also install Google Files to transfer the photos from your mobile to a pen drive. The only thing you have to know is that in this case, you need an OTG cable to perform this task. If you already have it, follow these steps that we will indicate below:
- Download the app from Google Play.
- Connect your OTG cable to the flash drive and the mobile.
- Select the photos from the application.
- Export them to your flash drive.
This program is suitable for Windows computers and allows you to transfer files from Android to flash drive. It also supports iOS devices and photos can be interleaved between different systems. In this case, you just have to do the following:
- Download the program on your PC from its official site .
- Connect your mobile with the USB cable or wireless connection via Wi-Fi.
- Click on the “Photos” section of the interface and select the images you want to transfer to the external memory.
- Click on the “Export to PC” button and they will be exported one by one to the computer.
- Connect the flash drive.
- Select the folder where you transferred the photos, right click and expand the “Send to” menu
- Click on the name of the flash drive or external memory and wait a few minutes for the files to be transferred.
FonePaw iOS Transfer
FonePaw also has a version for iOS devices that also supports Windows. In addition to transferring the photos to a flash drive, you can also eliminate duplicate files and convert between image formats. To use this program, you just have to follow these steps that we will indicate below:
- Download and install FonePaw iOS Transfer from its website .
- Connect your iPhone with its cable.
- Open the program and select “Photos” from the left sidebar.
- Select all the photos you want to transfer and click “Export to”.
- Choose “Export to Mac” and wait a few seconds.
- Connect your flash drive and transfer the photos stored on your computer as usual.
Finally, you will find this application compatible with Android devices. It allows you to manage all kinds of files , from photos to documents. It also supports transferring files to your computer, and if you have a dual-port USB, you can transfer images by following these steps:
- Download and install the application on your mobile.
- Connect the flash drive or OTG cable to the mobile.
- Select the photos you want to transfer.
- Transfer them to external memory.
How to transfer photos from mobile to micro USB
If you have a micro SD card, you can also transfer the photos from your mobile to micro USB . For that, you need a reader known as Leef Access MicroSD , which has a slot suitable for this type of memory card.
- Interface Type: Micro-USB
- Compatible memory cards: MicroSD (TransFlash), MicroSDHC, MicroSDXC
- Windows and Mac operating system supported
Once you have it, follow these steps that we will indicate below:
- Insert the micro SD card into the card reader.
- Plug the reader into the micro USB port of your device.
- Select the photos you want to transfer.
- Share on the external memory of the device.
The Leef Access MicroSD reader is suitable for Android devices that do not have a micro SD card slot or support. It is also compatible with any file manager and can be transferred between devices seamlessly.
- How To Move Data From Android To iPhone
- How to Change Android Fonts to iPhone
- How to Add Music in Snapchat on Android and iPhone
- Finding Free Wi-Fi Is Possible Anywhere With The Best Android Apps!