Wordle app iPhone – There is a way to download the Wordle by Josh Wardle “app”—it entails leveraging an iOS feature that has been there for quite some time.
Wordle, a simple word game invented by Josh Wardle, is causing a stir. Wardle released the game on the web and told the New York Times that he isn’t interested in making an app version because it was a “labor of love.”
Although Wordle is widely accessible via the web, the Wordle knockoffs that appeared on the App Store before being removed by Apple demonstrate that there is a need for an app version.
There is a way to download the Wordle app iPhone it entails exploiting an iOS function called “save a web page to your home screen,” which has been around for a long time. It’s quite simple to accomplish, and after you’ve done so, the Wordle icon will appear on your Home Screen and in your App Library, acting exactly like an app.
One caveat concerning the Wordle online app: if you’ve been playing via Safari, your current streak will not carry over to the web app, just as it would if you were playing on a new device. As a result, you’ll have to begin a fresh streak.
The New York Times has revealed that it has purchased Wordle from Josh Wardle, who received a “low seven figure” payment.
Wordle will be available as part of The New York Times’ subscription services and applications, including The New York Times Crossword app, which is free but has in-app charges. Wordle “would initially stay free to new and existing players,” according to the Times piece, although it is unclear whether Wordle will remain free in the long run. Wardle claimed in a message to the press that he is “working with [the Times] to ensure your wins and streaks will be preserved.”
What is the best way to save Wordle app iPhone?
- Open Safari and browse to https://www.powerlanguage.co.uk/wordle/ on your iPhone or iPad.
- The Share button, which is a rectangle with an arrow pointing upward, should be tapped.
- Look for Add to Home Screen on the Share screen and press it.
- If you like, you can rename Wordle on the next screen. You can also double-check the URL (https://www.powerlanguage.co.uk/wordle/) to be sure it’s correct.
- The Wordle icon will display on your Home Screen after you tap Add.
- IDG saves the world to the home screen
When you’re ready to play (or when you have the time, because each day only has one Wordle game), simply hit the green “W” icon on your Home Screen to start the game. Best of luck!
It’s not just Wordle; the App Store is a complete disaster: How frauds, knockoffs, ripoffs, and phony reviews demonstrate how badly Apple needs to clean up its act.
How do I start a new game?
If a fresh game doesn’t load after you activate the Wordle app iPhone on a new day, try relaunching the app. Don’t worry about breaking your streak; it will be kept.
- Swipe up from the bottom edge of the screen to get the App Switcher. Stop swiping around the screen’s midway. Press the Home button twice on smartphones with a Home button.
- A collection of “cards” representing the apps you’ve lately opened will appear. Swipe to Wordle, then swipe up to remove it from the collection.
- Return to the Home Screen and open Wordle by touching anywhere on the screen.
Read also: New iPhone Emojis Users Have Been Announced
How to Play Wordles from the Past
Each day in Wordle contains only one game, and each day is numbered. On January 27, for example, Wordle is game number 222. Although Wordle does not have a method to play previous editions, as Lifehacker points out, there is a website that does.
The Wordle Archive, created by Devang Thakkar, allows you to play older Wordle iterations. You may access a specific puzzle using the site’s buttons, and you can even replay Wordles you’ve already completed.
The Wordle Archive (dark mode on the left, light mode on the right) allows you to play previous Wordle editions.
If you really enjoy the Wordle Archive, you may turn it into a “app” for your iPhone or iPad, giving you instant access to the game. Simply open the Wordle Archive in Safari, and then follow the steps outlined at the start of this post to save Wordle app iPhone.