How To Block Pop Up Ads on Android – You know how annoying pop-up ads can get. They can also be potentially dangerous. Fortunately, the majority of desktop browsers block them.
But what if you have an Android device?
It’s not hard at all to get rid of them. Ready to learn how to stop Android pop-up ads?
How To Block Pop Up Ads on Android in Firefox
To block pop-ups (and other annoying ads) when using Firefox on Android, your bet is to use AdBlock. Simply go to our homepage (www.getadblock.com) with the Firefox browser on your Android device and tap Get AdBlock Now to get started. Install AdBlock, and your Android device will no longer be subject to ads. You can also get AdBlock from the Mozilla store (using the Firefox browser on your Android device as well) (using the Firefox browser on your Android device as well). Make sure you’re downloading the right one from the Mozilla store: AdBlock for Firefox by AdBlock.
The AdBlock pop-up blocker for Android starts working right away from the moment you install it (please note, you’ll only see AdBlock for Firefox in your Firefox Add-ons list). It couldn’t be easier! Those annoying pop-ups won’t know what hit ’em, and you can browse in peace, wherever you are.
How To Block Pop Up Ads on Android in Samsung Internet
In order to stop pop-ups on the Samsung Internet browser, navigate to either the Galaxy Apps Store or Google Play Store using your Android device. Search for “AdBlock for Samsung Internet,” and make sure you’re downloading the right one: AdBlock for Samsung Internet by BetaFish. (Please note that you must be using Samsung Internet browser 4.0 or above in order to download AdBlock.)
Just like with our mobile version of Firefox, the AdBlock extension starts working as soon as it is installed. However, unlike our mobile version of Firefox, you can find AdBlock for Samsung Internet right in your apps. Stop the pop-ups so you can browse without being interrupted. You won’t miss them, we promise!
How To Block Pop Up Ads on Android in Chrome
The majority of Android phones come with Chrome as their default browser, and you can block pop-ups in your browser settings. To turn this setting on, do the following:
- On your Android device, launch Chrome.
- To the right of the address bar, tap More, then tap Settings
- Tap Site settings, then tap Pop-ups and redirects.
- Change Pop-ups and redirects to Block (You should then see “Block sites from showing pop-ups and redirects (recommended)” under Pop-ups and redirects).
- Activating this setting in Chrome stops most pop-up ads on Android, but some ads and aggressive pop-ups can still get through. For a more robust pop-up blocking option, you might consider trying an Android browser that allows extensions, such as Firefox or Samsung Internet.
- How To Set Up Voicemail on Android
- How To Scan QR Code Android
- How to update your Android phone to the latest version
- How to Clear iPhone and Android WhatsApp Storage