How to Transfer WhatsApp Chat to New iPhone? We compile the topic for you. In this digital world, companies are launching new phone models almost every day. While iPhones are stable compared to Android versions, Apple also releases new iPhones frequently. Every time you change phone, you need to move all the data from your old iPhone to your new phone.
WhatsApp is one of the popular instant messaging platforms that each of us uses on our phones today. One of the first things you need when replacing phone is to backup and transfer all WhatsApp chat history. In this article, we will explain how to do this with step-by-step instructions.
How to Backup WhatsApp Chat History on Old iPhone
Unlike WeChat, WhatsApp allows you to backup chat history regularly. You can set automatic schedule and backup content to iCloud for free .
- Launch WhatsApp and tap the “Settings” icon.
- Tap “Chats” and go to “Chat Backup”.
- Tap on the “Auto Backup” option and choose the plan to back up your content.
- You have predefined schedules for daily, weekly and monthly. Choose one of the programs to have a regular backup.
While restoring chat history, you can choose the latest backup or tap “Back Up Now” for live data backup. WhatsApp recommends disabling cellular data for iCloud to avoid backing up with mobile data. However, this depends on the size and schedule of your chat history and media content.
First, we recommend backing up data using the Wi-Fi connection. Now you know the size of the backup file. If you have a very large backup file, disable automatic backup and perform manual backup when you connect iPhone to Wi-Fi network. We do not recommend disabling mobile data for iCloud as it will affect other sync activities on your iPhone.
Read Also: How to Remove Background from Pictures
Restore from Backup on New iPhone
When you’re ready for the latest backup, follow the instructions below on your new iPhone.
- Make sure you take the SIM from your old phone and insert it into your new iPhone.
- Download and install WhatsApp from the App Store.
- Login to WhatsApp with the same mobile number. When you log in to the new phone, WhatsApp will automatically log you out of the old phone.
- Type your profile name and tap “Done” to continue further.
- WhatsApp will send you an activation code to verify your login attempt.
- On the next screen, WhatsApp will automatically show you the option to restore the content from your iCloud backup. You can check the backup date and size. Tap “Restore Chat History” to start the process.
- Remember, if you skip the restore at startup, you may lose the entire backup while an automatic backup is running on your new iPhone.
- You can view the restore progress and WhatsApp will download the backup from iCloud.
- After successful completion, you can see the total number of messages restored.
- As the message states, WhatsApp will restore media files separately in the background.
- You can now go back to the “Chats” section and check your entire chat history. You can also view the status of media restore at the top of the chat.
How to Transfer WhatsApp Chat to New iPhone? I hope this topic has been useful to you.