How to remove background from pictures? We compile the topic for you. While the main focus of every photo is the main subject, the background also plays an important role in the composition of the image, such as highlighting the subject and enhancing the photo. However, an unattractive or messy background can damage the entire shot, making it look chaotic and misplaced.
Fortunately, if the problem is in the background or you want to remove the background for some reason, there are several ways to do it. This article explores how you can remove the background from an image in Windows 10 using online tools or an Android app.
How to Remove Background from Pictures?
You can do the background removal process from images below.
Option 1: Crop Using Windows 10 Paint 3D App
Paint 3-D is a pre-installed desktop application in Windows 10. You can use the app to crop and delete the background of an image.
- Search for “Paint 3D” in the Windows search box and click on the corresponding result to launch the application.
- Click “New” at the first prompt to open a new template.
- Click on “Menu” in the upper left corner to expand it and select “Add” from the drop-down options.
- Browse your computer storage to select the image whose background you want to remove and click the “Open” button to add it.
- On the Tools ribbon, just above the canvas, click “Magic selection” and then drag the edges to focus on the main object.
- When done, click the “Next” button in the left pane.
Refinement of Selection
The next page will display a selection around the focus topic.
- Use “Add” and Remove to add and remove a section from the selection.
- Once you have the perfect selection, click the “Done” button to complete.
- Now you can freely move the object independently. Click on the background and press the “Delete” key on your keyboard to delete it.
- Go back to the “Menu” and save the new picture.
Option 2: Removing the Background of a Picture Using MS Office Applications
The Microsoft Office suite has a set of tools that users use to perform various tasks . You can use some MS Office applications (Word, Excel or PowerPoint) to remove the background of an image.
How to Remove Image Background in PowerPoint?
- Open PowerPoint on your computer, select a blank presentation, and then insert a blank slide.
- Click the “Insert” menu and select the “Pictures” option on the ribbon.
- Browse storage to folder containing your image; select the one you need to edit and click “Add”.
- Click the picture and select “Remove Background” under “Format” in “Picture Tools”.
- Some parts of the image will retain their original colors, while others will show a magenta shade.
- Drag the edges of the selection box to focus on the target object.
- To narrow the selection, click the “+” icon to add the areas you want to keep and the “-” icon to mark the areas you want to remove.
- After improving the selection, click “Keep changes” to remove unwanted parts of the picture and stay with the main subject only.
If you choose to use Word or Excel, the process is generally the same.
Option 3: How to Remove Background Using Free Online Editors
There are various free image editors available online that you can use to remove the background of images. The general procedure for using these online editors is to upload your image, then use the available editing tools to crop the background, then download the new image. Some of the popular online image editors are:
This tool allows you to add an image using the upload button, drag and drop or copy and paste method.
- After uploading the image, use the red sign (-) to mark unwanted areas and the green sign (+) to add the subject you want to protect.
- You can view the resulting image in the right-hand panel to help you refine the image to what and how you want it.
This is another free and user-friendly tool to remove the background of an image. The tool uses AI technology to detect the main subject and automatically removes the background for you.
- Go to the Removebg website and click the “Choose a photo” button or enter the URL to add an image.
- The next screen will show the original and the edited image. If you want to add or remove some sections, click the “Edit” button to continue.
- Click the “Delete/Restore” buttons to remove/add the foreground areas. When you are satisfied with the result, click the “Save” button.
- You can also add color or another image background using the buttons under the “Background” section.
Read Also: How to Copy Image Text to iPhone [Live Text]
Option 3: How to Remove Image Background Using an Android App
Another alternative is to use an Android app on your phone to erase the background of an image. You can find a number of such apps in the Google Play Store. These apps include:
- Background Eraser.
- Uninstall BG.
- Edge Trace and others.
- Download and install the app on your device.
- Launch the app and select the picture you want to edit from your phone’s memory. The editing process is simple.
Background Removal from Pictures
If the background of an image is spoiling the shot or for some reason you want to get rid of the background, the above tools can help you achieve your goals in a matter of minutes. Depending on your target results, you can choose one of the options above.