How To Turn Off Android Phone With Broken Screen – If you have an issue with your phone’s screen, you should try to repair it on a computer. To do so, you’ll need to get the Android SDK, which lets you interface with the device via your computer.
By default, this program is turned off, therefore you’ll have to enable it in the settings. You must open a CMD window and enter the command adb devices after downloading the SDK.
The device number for the phone will appear in the CMD window. One by one, type these commands until you get the desired results. Keep in mind that if your phone is locked using a pattern, the procedure may alter slightly.
Finding out how to power off an Android with a broken display is the next step in repairing your phone.
You can conduct a hard reset if the screen is broken or unresponsive to touch. The phone will be restored to its prior state. If the first way fails, try installing an Android Control software on your PC. You may then use this program to control your phone’s screen.
How to Use an Android Phone with a Visible but Broken Screen
The optimal case for recovering valuable data is a broken but viewable Android screen with touch capabilities.
Before the crack spreads and you need to replace your screen, the best thing you can do is move all of your data to your computer. Except for the USB cord you usually use to charge your phone, you don’t need anything else.
- Unlock your phone using your pin, fingerprint, or whatever you use.
- Connect your phone to your computer using a USB cable.
- Tap the file transfer mode option. It may have a different label depending on the make and model of the phone.
- Use your computer to access your phone and retrieve all your files.
How To Turn Off Android Phone With Broken Screen
To turn off the phone, use the ADB command.
When the power button or the screen on an Android device is broken, I won’t say it’s the most convenient way to switch it off. Without using the Power and Volume keys, an Android phone or tablet can be turned off and rebooted into Safe Mode, System Mode, Bootloader Mode, or Recovery Mode using ADB instructions.
You’ll need a laptop or PC to perform ADB commands on your Android device. Another thing to remember is that USB debugging must be enabled on your device. Anyway, let’s take a look at how to turn off an Android phone without using the power or volume buttons.
- Download the latest Android SDK Platform-tools for Windows
- Enable USB debugging on your Android device if you don’t have it enabled already. You might not be able to do this if your phone’s touch screen is not working.
- Launch the Windows Command Prompt or Mac Terminal.
- Connect your device to your computer via a compatible USB cable.
- Issue the following command to ensure that your phone and computer are connected properly.adb devices (on Windows)./adb devices (on Mac)
- Now, execute the following ADB command to turn off your Android phone. Here, ‘p‘ stands for ‘power off’.adb shell reboot -p
- Your Android device will power off without using the Power button.
- In case you just want to restart your phone without using the power button, you can use the following command.adb reboot
The ADB method can allow you to switch off your phone when the touch is not working.
To turn off Android via the Power Menu, use the ADB command.
In some difficult scenarios, ADB commands can be really useful. ADB Shell instructions can be used to activate the long-press Power menu on your Android phone or tablet.
Simply open a command window, connect your phone to the computer, and run the command:
adb shell input keyevent 5 sleep 5
This will make the Android Power menu appear and you can then select the Power Off or Reboot option as per your choice.
Quick Settings can be used to turn off the phone.
Older Samsung devices didn’t have it, but if you have a Galaxy phone or tablet from 2019 or later, the Power Menu icon should be shown in the Quick Settings screen. This shortcut is available on phones such as the Samsung Galaxy Note 10, Galaxy Note 20, Galaxy S10, S20, Galaxy A70, Galaxy A51, and others.
You may use the Power Menu icon to reboot or switch off your Samsung Galaxy device without having to use the Power button.