How To Get Siri on iPhone 12 – Modern phones now have distinctive features for a better user experience thanks to technology innovation.
The Siri speech assistant is one such feature that you may discover on the most recent iPhone models. You can use your phone using this function even if you don’t have a free hand.
Voice commands may be used to interact with your phone via Siri, which is useful when you’re driving or just don’t feel like getting up. This article discusses using Siri on an iPhone 12, 12, Mini, 12, Pro, or Max.
What is Siri, and how does an iPhone 12 use it?
Apple’s Siri personal assistant is available on devices running iOS, macOS, WatchOS, and tvOS. Voice recognition is used by the assistant, which is powered by artificial intelligence (AI).
Apple created Siri with the intention of providing consumers with a personal assistant they could communicate with in the same way they would a friend.
Siri’s goal is to assist people in accomplishing their goals by answering questions and assisting with various activities.
You can use Siri to send audio and text messages, make phone calls, organize meetings, translate text, and many other things since it has access to all the built-in programs on your iPhone 12, including Messages, Contacts, Maps, and Contacts. How to utilize Siri on an iPhone 12 is shown below.
You can speak to Siri or press a button to invoke it if it’s enabled on your iPhone 12.
- Say “Hey Siri,” then ask Siri a question or give Siri a command to do the operation for you. For instance, “Hey Siri, how’s the weather today?” as well as “Hey Siri, send a message.”
- Say “Hey Siri” once again or press the Siri symbol at the bottom of the screen to ask Siri a request or another inquiry.
Siri Activation Button
When you press the button to call Siri, she will speak back when the device is not in quiet mode and react silently otherwise. The actions to take are listed below:
Step 1: Depending on your circumstances, pick one of the following:
- Press and hold the Home button on the iPhone model if it has one.
- Press and hold the side button on an iPhone with Face ID.
- Press and hold the call or center button while wearing earpods.
Using Siri Eyes Free Simply press and hold the voice command button on the steering wheel to activate Siri.
CarPlay: Press the home button or the voice command button on the steering wheel to access the CarPlay Home Screen.
Step 2: Ask Siri a question or give her instructions to carry out the action you want done when she emerges. ‘Set an alarm at 4:00 a.m.,’ or ‘How’s the weather today?’ are two examples.
Step 3: Tap the Siri symbol at the bottom of the screen if you want to ask Siri another question.
The voice assistant in iOS 14 does not engulf your entire screen as it did in earlier iterations. Instead, it displays a vibrant symbol to signal that it is listening to you at the bottom of the screen. Similarly, rather of filling the entire screen with answers, responses will only appear as widgets and banners when answering.
Activating Siri on an iPhone 12
Siri will already be installed on your iPhone 12, but you must first activate it so that it can identify you. Here’s how to activate it.
Step 2: Open the Settings app
Step 2: Choose the Go to Siri and Search option
Step 3: To activate Siri, slide the Listen to “Hey Siri” button to the right. The choices to Press Side Button for Siri and Allow Siri When Locked are also available.
Step 4: Tap the Set Up screen’s proceed button.
Step 5: You’ll be prompted to say “Hey Siri” and a number of additional words and phrases, such “Hey Siri, how’s the weather today,” Hey Siri, send a message, Hey Siri, start a three-minute countdown, Hey Siri, start playing music.
When you say “Hey Siri,” even if your phone is locked, Siri will reply to your voice thanks to the aforementioned activation. On the Siri and Search page, you may turn off the function if you only want Siri to react when your iPhone is unlocked.
Additional Siri Hints for an iPhone 12
Making Siri Recognize You
Once Siri is activated, you should tell it who you are. On the Siri & Search page, choose “My information,” then “Contacts,” to do this. Siri will use this information to answer queries like “How do I go home?” and “What nice eateries are nearby?”
Adapting the assistant’s voice
Additionally, you may alter Siri’s voice and language. The actions to take are listed below:
- Activate the settings app.
- Choose Siri & Search by scrolling to it.
- based on the nation and area, select Siri Voice and select one of the available voices and genders.
- If the language is changed, Your favorite language may be selected by selecting Language from the Siri & Search screen.
Use the keyboard rather than talking.
By visiting to Settings> Accessibility> Siri and turning on Type to Siri, you may modify the settings so that you no longer need to say “Hey Siri.” On the keyboard, write your query or request after activating Siri.
When Siri doesn’t comprehend your question, how to fix it
If Siri doesn’t comprehend your query or command, try one of the solutions listed below.
- Tap the Siri symbol to rephrase your request and pronounce it differently.
- Before sending a message, just say “Change it.”
- If there are certain terms that Siri did not comprehend, repeat your query while spelling out those words and hit the Siri icon. You can repeat the word “call” and then spell the word “John” if Siri did not comprehend, for instance, when you said “Call John.”
- To change your request, type: You may update your request’s text by pressing it on the screen and making changes with the on-screen keyboard.