You can send GIFs on Snapchat both in messages and in your Snaps. How to send a GIF on Snapchat, here are the details.
Messaging with GIFs is good for conveying your feelings much better. You can express multifaceted emotions and add fun animations that add a human touch to your messages. Most social media platforms allow users to send and receive GIFs, and Snapchat also supports this feature.
In this article, we’ll walk you through how to post GIFs on Snapchat, whether you’re an Android or iOS user.
This includes steps on how to get GIFs on Snapchat and how to post GIFs in Snapchat chat rooms and Stories updates.
How to Send GIFs on Snapchat Snaps
Adding GIFs to your Snaps is actually pretty easy.
- First, open the Snap function as you normally would and take a photo/video.
- Tap the Sticker icon from the row on the right side of the screen.
- Scroll down and select a GIF to add to your photo or video. You can also enter a keyword or phrase in the search bar to get more specific GIF options.
- Drag the GIF you added in the previous step to your preferred location on the screen.
- Pinch your screen to adjust the size of the GIF to your liking.
- Then you can send your Snap to your Stories, friends/contacts or save it to your gallery to share on other social media platforms.
- If you want to remove or replace a GIF you’ve added to a Snap, simply drag it to the bottom of the screen towards the Trash icon that opens.
You can use as many GIF stickers as you want at the same time. You can also use the Bitmoji and Scissors features to create avatars and stickers respectively to enhance your chat experience.
How to Send GIFs in Snapchat Messages
Sending GIFs in Snapchat chats is not as easy as sending them in Snaps.
How to Send GIF on Snapchat (for Android)
Gboard is usually the default keyboard on most Android devices. If your phone manufacturer uses a different keyboard, you’ll need to follow the next steps.
- Go to Settings > System > Languages & Input and tap Virtual Keyboard. Make sure Gboard is set as your default keyboard.
- Alternatively, you can launch the Gboard app after installing it and follow the prompts.
Give it the permissions it wants and you can start using it.
Here’s how to send GIFs in Snapchat messages on Android phones:
- Open a chat with the intended recipient of the GIF you want to send.
- Tap the text bar as normal to open the keyboard.
- Tap the GIF icon in the menu bar.
- You will see various GIFs. Select or search for the one you want and tap on it to send.
Read Also: Getting SS without Snapchat Notification
How To send GIFs in Snapchat chats on your iPhone:
- Open Snapchat and go to the chat of the friend you want to send the GIF to.
- Tap and hold the Globe icon to the left of the spacebar to view the keyboard settings.
- Select Giphy from the list.
- Enter a keyword in the search bar to search for the GIF you want and tap it to copy it.
- Paste the GIF back into the text bar and hit the submit button.