How to Transfer Photos from iPhone to iPhone Your photos might be the most valuable thing on your iPhone.
After all, if you lose them, it is impossible to get them back. Therefore, when you get a new phone, it is very important that you know how to transfer photos from iPhone to iPhone.
Apart from transferring large amounts of photos from one phone to another, this article explains how you can easily share multiple photos with other people.
How to Transfer photos from iPhone to iPhone iCloud
The basic idea of iCloud is that all devices registered to the same iCloud account can have the same data, including photos. This means iCloud is designed to make it easy to move photos from one device to another.
If you have two phones that are set up to connect to the same iCloud account and sync the Photos app with iCloud, iCloud allows you to quickly transfer photos from one phone to another.
To do this, follow these steps on both phones:
- Tap Settings.
- Tap your name at the top of the screen.
- Tap iCloud.
- Tap Photos.
- Move the iCloud Photo Library slider to on/green and photos will sync across devices. Depending on how many photos you have and how fast your internet connection is, this may take some time.
Note: If you transfer photos from one of the iPhones that you will no longer use, make sure to sign out of iCloud before resetting this phone/wiping its data. If you don’t sign out of iCloud, deleting data/photos on your old phone will delete it from iCloud and any devices synced with that iCloud account.
Syncing Photos with Computer
Another simple way to transfer photos from iPhone to iPhone is to sync photos to a computer and then sync that computer to a second iPhone.
It works pretty much the same way you transfer content from your computer to your iPhone. Also assuming the second iPhone is set to sync to the same computer;
In this case, you can choose between two ways to sync:
- Sync iPhone with iTunes via USB
- Sync iPhone to iTunes via Wi-Fi.
Select one of the options above and follow these steps:
- Sync photos with iPhone as usual.
- Click Photos in the left column of iTunes.
- Check the box next to Sync Photos,
- Choose where you want to sync your photos: a folder, the Photos app on Mac, or the Windows Photos app on Windows.
- Check the box next to All Folders.
- Click Apply to save changes.
- Click Sync to sync photos.
- Once the sync is complete, check the sync location selected in step 4 to make sure all photos are available.
- Take out the phone.
- Sync the second phone to which you want to transfer photos.
- 2-7 above. Follow the steps.
- Once the sync is complete, check the Photos app on the iPhone to make sure it has transferred.
- Take out the phone.
Transfer photos with apps like Google Photos
On iPhone, it’s a good idea to use a photo-sharing service like Google Photos. These types of apps/services can also help you transfer photos to your new phone as they are designed to be available on any device you use with the app installed on them.
There are many different photo sharing apps. Fortunately, the basic concept for transferring photos is the same for all of them. Adjust these steps as needed:
- Create an account with the app of your choice.
- Install the app on your iPhone if you haven’t already.
- Upload all the photos you want to transfer to the new phone into the app.
- On the second iPhone, install the app and sign in to the account you created in step 1.
- When you log in, the photo you uploaded in step 3 is downloaded to the app.
Transfer photos with AirDrop
AirDrop is the best choice if you need to transfer some photos between your phones or want to share them with other people nearby.
This is an easy and fast wireless file sharing feature built into the iPhone. To use AirDrop, you need:
- Bluetooth and Wi-Fi must be enabled
- The phones must be within a few meters of each other.
When all these conditions are met, follow the steps below to transfer photos using AirDrop:
- Open the Photos app and find the photo you want to share.
- Tap Select.
- Tap the photo you want to share.
- Tap the action box (the box with an arrow coming out of this box).
- Devices that can receive files via AirDrop appear. Tap the photo you want to send the photo to.
- If both devices are signed in with the same Apple ID, the transfer will take place immediately. If the device uses another Apple ID, a Reject or Accept Transfer request will appear on their screen. Once accepted, the photos will be transferred to their iPhone.
Transferring photos using email
Another great option for transferring just a few photos is via email.
Don’t use email to send more than three photos or send very high resolution photos.
However, these steps to quickly share multiple photos with yourself or others via email easily:
- Tap Photos to open it.
- Browse your photos until you find the image or images you want to email.
- Tap Select.
- Tap the photo or photos you want to email.
- Tap the action box (the box with an arrow coming out of it).
- Tap Email.
- A new email appears with the selected photos in it.
- Fill in the desired email with the address, subject and message.
- Tap Send.
- How To Fix iPhone App Not Updating Issue?
- 5 Best File Managers for iPhone and iPad
- How To Restore network settings on iPhone and iPad