How to transfer from iPhone to PC? We put together an article for you. In the past, people used digital cameras to take pictures for trips and picnics. However, this has now changed with smartphones. Almost every smartphone offers a high-end camera.
The latest iPhone 11 Pro Max offers a 12-megapixel camera that triggers to work together and capture wide images. After you take beautiful photos, you may want to transfer them to your Mac. In this article, we will tell you how to transfer photos from iPhone to Mac.
How To Transfer Photos from iPhone to Macbook
You can follow any of the options below to send pictures from iPhone to Mac.
- Mac iCloudUsing account
- web iCloud access
- iPhone to Mac using AirDrop
- Transfer photos using a lightning cable on Mac
- Using third party apps
1. Using iCloud Account on iPhone and Mac
You need an iCloud account to use Apple devices like iPhone, Mac, or iPad. It helps to use continuity features like Handoff or Universal Clipboard. After setting up your Apple account, you will need to manually enable the iCloud photo sharing option on your iPhone.
- Tap the “Settings” app on your iPhone followed by your Apple ID shown at the top.
- Select “iCloud” then tap “Photos”.
- Enable the “iCloud Photos” option.
This will help you sync all your photos in iCloud account automatically. After taking a photo with your iPhone, open the “Photos” app to see the sync status.
Open the “Photos” app on your Mac to instantly view and download images from the “Photos” app on your Mac. Note that you must use the same iCloud account on your Mac and iPhone to view the images.
2. iCloud Web Access for Mac
Instead of viewing images using the “Photos” app on your Mac, you can also access them using the icloud.com website. This is quite useful on a Windows PC as the Mac has a Photos app to sync your photos from your iPhone.
- Go to the icloud.com site.
- Click on the Photos app.
- View and download your images and videos.
3. Using AirDrop to Transfer Images to Mac
AirDrop is useful for transferring any file from your iPhone to Mac. Again, you must use the same iCloud account and keep the device within Bluetooth range for AirDrop to work.
- Open the “Photos” app on your iPhone and tap the image you want to send to your Mac.
- Tap the “Share” icon in the lower left corner and select multiple items to send at once.
- Now tap on the “AirDrop” app which is usually shown first.
- Choose your Mac’s name to start sending photos.
- You’ll see a notification on your Mac when you receive a file.
4. Wired Transfer to Mac
Previously, iTunes was popular for syncing content between iPhone and Mac. However, Apple removed iTunes on macOS Catalina and allowed you to access photos using the “Finder” app.
- Connect your iPhone to your Mac using a lightning cable. If you have an iPhone 11 or later, you’ll need to have a converter to connect the Type C cable to the Lightning USB slot.
- Launch “Finder” and click on your iPhone name.
- Go to the “Photos” tab and manage your photos.
To use it, you must first disable iCloud sync on your iPhone as described above.
Read Also: How to Transfer Photos from iPhone to PC?
5. Using Third-Party Applications
The problem with iCloud is that the free account limits its size to 5GB. To store more than 5GB of data, you need to upgrade to a premium plan. It’s inconvenient to pay money especially when you don’t have any other content to sync.
You can also have a separate hard drive or a different cloud storage account to use with your Mac to store your photos.
If for some reason iCloud isn’t your thing, you should look for a third-party app to help transfer photos. Fortunately, there are many photo transfer apps available for this purpose on the iPhoneApp Store.
- Application that allows sharing with passwords.
- You can share the URL or IP address to download the selected image from iPhone to Mac.
You can try Photo Transfer App or Share – Anywhere to transfer photos and files to Mac.
How to transfer photos from iPhone to mac? We have come to the end of the topic How to transfer photos from iPhone to PC, which is our other article ? You can also check the articles.