How do I transfer photos from iPhone to PC? We compile the topic for you. Gone are the days when people used cameras and phones separately. If you’re not a professional photographer, your smartphones can do the camera work for you. The iPhone, in particular, comes with one of the most powerful cameras available among any other smartphone.
With iPhone, you can easily click high resolution pictures or selfies. However, there may be occasions when you may need to send pictures from iPhone to your Windows PC. In this article, we will explain 3 ways to send photos from iPhone to Windows PC.
How to Transfer Photos from iPhone to PC?
You can follow one of the options below to send pictures from iPhone to PC.
- Using the iCloud website .
- Transfer photos using usb cable.
- Using third-party apps
1. Using iCloud Web Access
You need an iCloud account to use any Apple device like iPhone, Mac or iPad. It helps to use continuity features like Handoff or Universal Clipboard. Also, you can sync all your photos and access any device using iCloud account.
First, you need to enable iCloud on your iPhone to sync photos and videos from your photo steam to cloud.
- Tap on the “Settings” app on your iPhone followed by your Apple ID shown at the top.
- Select the “iCloud” option and then tap on “Photos”.
- Enable the “iCloud Photos” option.
This will help you sync all your photos in iCloud account automatically. After taking a photo with your iPhone, you can open the “Photos” app on your Mac and view it instantly.
Instead of viewing pictures using the “Photos” app on your Mac, you can also access them using the icloud.com website. The advantage here is that you can also use the web access on Windows PC.
- Open the icloud.com website on your Windows PC.
- It will show you all the apps in iCloud and click on the “Photos” app.
- You can view all your iPhone pictures and videos in the “Photos” app.
- Select the files and click the “Download” icon in the top bar.
You can download unaltered original photos or choose the most compatible download for your PC. Windows will save all the selected photos in a zip file called “iCloud Photos”. You can rename the file and compress to extract all images.
2. Transfer to Windows PC Using Cable
If for some reason you don’t want to use iCloud account, the easy way is to physically connect the devices. You can connect your iPhone to Windows PC using lightning cable and transfer photos.
- Connect your iPhone to Windows PC using lightning cable. If you have iPhone 11 or later, you need a converter to connect the type-C cable to the USB port.
- Windows will show you a prompt with multiple options.
- Click on “Import photos and videos” (you can also select “Open device to view files” to explore files on your iPhone).
This will open the “Photos” app on your PC showing all available media files on your iPhone. Select the photos you want to transfer to your PC and click the “Import selected” button.
Customizing Import Settings
If you want to change the import settings, click the “Import settings” link shown above the button. It will show you a popup with multiple options like below.
- Click the “Change import destination” link and select the folder for your downloads.
- Select the way you want to group the downloaded images. You can group by date, month, and year.
- Check the box that says “Delete items from my device after importing” to permanently delete photos on iPhone after downloading to PC. This is especially useful if you don’t have a premium iCloud account and are running out of storage space on your phone.
After transferring the selected photos to your PC, you will see an import successful message.
3. Using Third-Party Applications
There are many third party apps that can be used to transfer your photos to Windows PC. For this, you can use free applications such as “SHAREit – Connect & Transfer”, “Send Anywhere – File Transfer” or “Photo Transfer App”.
For example, SHAREit lets you transfer photos by installing apps on your iPhone and PC. By registering an account, you can create a connection using the Send Anywhere app with an authentication code.
So choose the application depending on your needs, such as free or paid, and whether you want to install additional applications on the PC. Here we will explain how to transfer photos using “Photo Transfer App”.
- Install the app on your iPhone and open it.
- On the first screen, you will see options to send or receive photos and tap on “Send” option.
- ” Wi-Fi Send out” under “Choose the Windows” option. For this option to work, you must have the PC and iPhone connected to the same wireless network connection. Otherwise, choose any other options you need.
- Select “Use Web Browser” to proceed to the next screen.
- Tap “Select” to choose your images to transfer. You will see a ported IP address to access the images selected in the browser.
- Open a browser on your PC and type the IP/port shown in the app.
- The app sends notification to authorize access to photos on your iPhone. Access it once or every time as per your need.
- Now, you will see all the selected photos on your PC. Right click on the images and start downloading them to your computer. The app also lets you download minimal or full resolution photos.
How do I transfer photos from iPhone to PC? We have compiled the topic for you. Another article that we How do I transfer photos from iPhone to Mac? You can also check out our article.