Are your friends complaining about poor call quality on your iPhone? Siri can’t hear your voice commands? If yes, then we have some working solutions to fix it.
In this reading, we have listed the best working methods to fix a microphone not working properly on iPhone. You can also learn how to troubleshoot the microphone issue on your Android phone.
How to Fix Microphone Not Working Properly on iPhone
Method 1: Remove the iPhone cover or case
If you are using your iPhone with a protective case or case, you are more likely to have problems with the microphone on your device as the sensor is obstructed by it.
To fix this problem, you need to remove the device from the case and test the microphone by making a call or voice notes to make sure the problem is solved.
Method 2: Check iPhone Microphone with Voice Memo App
An effective way to determine if you’re having problems with your microphone is to test it with the Voice Memos app on iPhone. Follow the steps below to achieve the same.
1. Find the Voice Memos app on your iPhone and tap on it to open.
2. Then press the red record button and speak close to your device’s microphone to record your voice.
3. After recording, click the Play button to listen to the recorded voice memo.
4. If you hear a muffled or distorted voice in a recorded note, this indicates a problem with the microphone on your device.
5. To fix it, you can follow the fixes below or contact Apple Support to resolve the issue.
Method 3: Disable all Bluetooth devices to fix iPhone microphone not working
Another common reason for the microphone not working properly on your iPhone is its active connection to various Bluetooth devices such as headphones, headsets, etc. To fix this problem, you need to manually disconnect all connected devices from your device.
1. Go to Settings > Bluetooth on your iPhone.
2. Then tap the Bluetooth devices with the Connected status to set it up.
3. Click “Forget This Device” to disconnect it from your iPhone.
4. Also, turn off the Bluetooth button to prevent your device from reconnecting to any other paired device.
5. Make sure the microphone issue is resolved.
Method 4: Clean iPhone Microphone
It is often observed that over time, dust and dirt clog the microphone hole on mobile devices. If you’ve recently encountered a microphone issue on your iPhone, this might be the reason behind it.
To fix this problem, you need to clean the microphone hole on your device with a small brush like a toothbrush to re-open the clogged sensor.
Method 5: Make sure apps can access your microphone
If you’re facing a microphone issue on your device with a particular app, it might be due to incorrect microphone access permissions. Follow these quick steps to make sure microphone access is enabled for the app.
1. Open “Settings” on your iPhone and scroll down to find the app you’re having microphone issues with.
2. Then click on the app and make sure the switch for accessing the microphone is turned on.
Method 6 – Disable or Enable Noise Cancellation
The noise canceling feature on your iPhone reduces ambient noise during phone calls when you hold the handset to your ear. However, users facing problems with the microphone on their iPhone have often reported fixing the issue by manually disabling and re-enabling the feature.
1. Open “Settings” and find “Phone Noise Canceling” to set it up.
2. Then turn off your phone’s noise canceling feature and wait for a few seconds to turn the feature back on on your device.
3. Test and make sure the issue has been resolved using the second method above.
Method 7: Reset All iPhone Settings to Fix Microphone Not Working
If you are still facing the microphone not working issue on your iPhone after trying all the fixes listed above, try restarting your device. If the microphone issue persists on your iPhone, it is most likely a hardware issue and you need to contact Apple Support.
Related | 13 Best Ways to Fix iPhone Notifications Not Working
Wrapping Up – Troubleshooting iPhone Microphone Issues
That’s all for the seven best ways to fix a broken microphone on your iPhone. If this reading has helped you successfully troubleshoot and fix annoying microphone issues on your device, please hit the like button and share this reading with your friends to help them. Stay tuned for more amazing step-by-step troubleshooting guides.
- How To I Rotate My iPhone Or iPad Screen?
- How To CTRL+F Search On an iPhone
- How Accurate is Find My iPhone