Instagram story location does not appear , Instagram, which has been in our lives for more than 10 years, offers many useful features to its users. One of them is the location feature.
Instagram allows you to use the location feature in a variety of ways. The most basic feature is that it allows your posts to be linked to a physical location by marking your location.
However, some users are reporting that Instagram location stories are not showing up. We will talk about some ways to fix instagram story location not showing which will help you to solve this problem.
What is Instagram’s Location Feature?
In a bit more detail, Instagram’s location feature allows you to use your location in the content and stories of your Instagram feed. To use Instagram’s location feature in your Instagram posts, you need to follow the instructions below:
- Tap the Add New Post icon at the top of the screen (with a + sign in the box).
- Select the photos you want to upload or take directly from the app and tap Next.
- Edit your photo the way you want and tap Next again.
- On the last screen you will see the Add Location option , now tap on this section.
- A list of nearby locations will appear; From the list or search and find the place you want, tap Share .
You can use this while doing normal posts on Instagram. There’s also the issue of adding locations to the story. For this, follow these steps:
- Tap the Stories icon in the top right corner.
- Take a photo or select a photo from your gallery.
- Tap the Stickers button (the little square with the smiley) from the top menu of the icon .
- Now select the Location label
- You will see a list of nearby locations; make a choice from that list.
- You should see a label with a location. You can tap on it to change the color, drag to place it where you want it to appear in your story.
- Tap the arrow in the bottom right corner and share to your story.
When you tag a location in your Instagram post, your post will appear in that location’s feed, making your content visible to new users checking out that location.
If you create your own location tag, you can create a physical location for your brand or business and help build visibility through the location feed.
If you tag a location in your Instagram story, your post will also go to that location’s story feed. The official Instagram story for that location can highlight your story and gain visibility that way.
How to Fix Instagram Location Stories Not Appearing
If Instagram’s location feature isn’t working or you’re unable to create a post using your location, there could be a number of reasons. Sometimes a software update, a problem from your phone, or the Instagram app itself can cause it.
When you’re having trouble with a certain Instagram feature, especially if you’re not sure how to fix it and don’t want to spend hours on it, you can take a look at the solutions below.
- First, check and confirm that your Location setting is enabled on your phone. This is usually found in your device’s Privacy settings . For iOS , go to Privacy settings > Location Services > Instagram Rating. From here you can ensure that location services are properly provided to Instagram and location is not blocked. Even if you know it has been opened before, double check as it can sometimes close without you noticing.
- Restart the application. Close Instagram completely and refresh it to open it again. You can even consider restarting your device to make sure Instagram is completely closed. After your device restarts, check if the problem still persists.
- Check if your Instagram app has the latest updates. If there is an update, make sure to update it. Then restart your device.
- Sign in to your Instagram account on another device to see if the location feature on Instagram is working. If it works on other devices, the problem might be with yours.
- Some users claim that they fixed the problem after logging out, changing the password and logging in again. So you can try this to see if it works for you too.
- As a final step, you can try uninstalling and reinstalling the app. Uninstall the app completely from your device, then go to your device’s app store to reinstall Instagram. This way you can fix the problem by clearing the cache as well.
If all of these methods don’t work (which we hope they don’t), you might want to consider reporting the problem to Instagram. For this, follow these steps:
- Open the Instagram app and go to Settings .
- Tap Help.
- Select Report a Problem
- Choose that something is not working.
- Upload the necessary screenshots to briefly explain what the problem is and help Instagram understand the problem.