How to Make an Instagram Highlights Cover Photo , Apart from that, you can customize your Instagram highlight covers with colors, patterns and graphics to add to the overall aesthetic of your Instagram account.
In this article , we will explain step by step the process of creating Instagram highlight cover . In addition, we will provide examples of some Instagram featured covers for inspiration.
How to Create Instagram Highlights
Let’s first start by explaining how you can create the Instagram highlights feature. You can create highlights by following the instructions below:
- Open the Instagram app and tap on your profile photo at the bottom right.
- Tap the “ + ” button to create a new Instagram Story highlight . Doing so will take you to your Instagram archive, where you can see all your past stories.
- Select the stories you want to be in Highlights by tapping the circle in the lower right corner .
- Tap “Next”.
- Give your Instagram highlights a name.
- Normally the custom Instagram highlights cover is selected here, but skip this for now and tap “Add”.
After all these processes, you have created the first Instagram highlights. Now it’s time to create a cover here.
Make a Cover Photo for Instagram Highlights
To create custom Instagram highlights covers, you need access to any free design platform. We recommend using Canva for this.
You can use this program, which you can access for free, via the browser via the link below. We will also do the cover photo making process for Instagram highlights by using Canva as an example. Here are the steps you need to do:
- Open your Canva account and type “ Instagram Story ” in the search bar and scroll to the bottom.
- Click on the “Instagram Story” template . From now on you will have the best sizing for your Instagram story featured covers.
- Click on “ items ” then “ charts ” from the sidebar . You will now be able to search through different images for featured covers. There are many options, including free icons and paid icons. You can also create text-based covers by using Canva’s text options.
- Select the icon you like as the Instagram highlight cover. Then set a background color and then click “ download ”. You should make sure that this icon is not so large that Instagram overflows parts of it during the built-in cropping process.
- After making the necessary edits, send the icon to your phone. Then go back to Instagram and post it as a new story. To do this, go to your home feed and swipe left. Make sure to select the photo you want to use as the icon and pinch the screen to zoom out as far as possible. In this way, you will prevent some parts of your icon that you use as a cover from being clipped.
- After that you need to add the icon you prepared to the highlights. To do this, tap and hold the highlight you want to customize and select ” edit “. You will then see a screen like the one below:
- Here you will see which stories are inside or outside. Swipe right and you’ll see your story archive. Scroll to select your icon if it is not already selected.
- After scrolling to the “ Highlights ” tab, you should see the story attached with your icon. Tap on “ Edit Cover ” and select your icon using the slider at the bottom. You can pinch-drag the icon for zooming and positioning before finalizing the cover. After you finish, it will be enough to touch the part that says ” done “.
Quickly Create Instagram Highlight Covers
If you’re not too keen on creating your own Instagram highlights from scratch, Canva also has dozens of pre-designed Instagram highlight cover templates.
All you have to do is go to the template library and search for example ‘ Instagram featured covers ‘. Then you can customize it to optimize it.
Instagram Featured Cover Photo Examples
Although you have now learned how to make an Instagram highlight cover photo, you may want to see examples of it. Below you will find many examples. We encourage you to carefully study these examples for inspiration:
Instagram Featured Cover Photo Examples
- Hide Instagram Stories 2022 [Easy Method]
- How to enable automatic captions on Instagram
- How to Hide Photos on Instagram without Deleting them
- How To Change Instagram Chat Theme