How to Install WhatsApp on Apple Watch There is still no official WhatsApp app for Apple Watch.
However, it is possible to receive WhatsApp notifications and reply to messages directly from the Apple Watch.
If you want more advanced functionality, you can also take advantage of third-party services.
Below you’ll learn how to receive WhatsApp notifications and send messages on your Apple Watch.
How to Get WhatsApp Notifications on Apple Watch
You can receive notifications and responses from WhatsApp on your Apple Watch. However, you need to make sure that notifications are enabled before they can be displayed on your phone.
So the first thing you need to do is:
- Open the Apple Watch app on your iPhone .
- From the My Watch tab , tap Notifications .
- Scroll down to WhatsApp and make sure the button turns green. You’ll see an option to mirror iPhone alerts to bring WhatsApp notifications to Apple Watch.
After activating notifications, you will see your wrist vibrate when you receive a message from WhatsApp. So, can you send messages on WhatsApp via Apple Watch?
Our answer is yes and no. You can’t start a new message, send a voice message, or write a full reply on Apple Watch.
But you can choose from a list of simple options like ‘Hello’, ‘How are you?’, ‘OK’, or ‘I’m coming’. You can also record custom responses with voice recognition and send them directly to the other party.
How to Reply to WhatsApp Messages from Apple Watch
To reply to notifications of received WhatsApp messages on your Apple Watch and send messages to the other party, you must follow these steps:
- Tap the notification of a received WhatsApp message on your Apple Watch.
- Reply now .
- Scroll down and select one of the specific answers.
- You can record your message by pressing the microphone to compose your own reply.
How to Download WhatsApp Apple Watch
As we mentioned at the beginning of our article, there is no official WhatsApp app for Apple Watch.
But that doesn’t mean you can’t use WhatsApp on your smartwatch at all.
WatchChat 2 is an app that lets you use almost all the features of WhatsApp on your Apple Watch. The app you are about to download from the App Store has several purchase items. Apart from that, you can use some features of WhatsApp, although they are limited.
To install WatchChat 2, you need to follow the steps below:
- On iPhone, open the Watch app and tap App Store.
- Type ‘WatchChat 2’ in the search box and download the app to your Apple Watch.
- Open the app and open WhatsApp on your iPhone before going to Settings > WhatsApp Web > Scan QR code.
- Scan the QR code that appears on your Apple Watch.
That’s all you have to do to download the app and start using it.
So, those were some ways to install WhatsApp on Apple Watch. It’s not easy to do it, I hope this article is useful.