How To Remove The Music Player From the iPhone Screen – Having the widgets for your most useful apps on your iPhone’s home screen is a huge plus.
Accessing them, pausing them or resuming them, where and when you need them, are part of those benefits.
However, you don’t always want to have the same widgets on hand for various reasons. One of those accesses that can become uncomfortable is the music player on your device.
This is because the app stays on the lock screen even after it is no longer in use, which can cause you inconvenience .
With the following information you will have more than one way to remove the music player , without major inconveniences.
Additionally, these methods could allow you to do the same with similar services such as YouTube Music, Spotify and others.
6 ways to remove music player from iPhone screen.
Force close the app
If you decide on this route you will have to consider the device model you have:
In case it is an iPhone X or later model, follow these steps:
- Go to the home screen , from the bottom of the screen slide your finger to the top and stop in the middle of it.
- Then swipe left or right to locate the app .
- Now, close the app by sliding its preview up.
In case your device is an iPhone SE, iPhone 8 (or earlier models)
- Double click the start button ; This way you will have the possibility to visualize the last apps you have used.
- Then swipe left or right to find the one you want to close.
- Finally, close the app by sliding its preview up.
Remove music widget
You can execute this action in a very simple way:
- Open the Apple Music app.
- Double press the home button for the App Switcher to activate .
- Now swipe the Apple Music app towards the top of the screen to close it.
- At this point, you can now go back to the lock screen and you will see that the Apple Music widget has disappeared .
Restart your iPhone to remove the music player from the screen
It could happen that even with the above methods, the widget is still displayed on the lock screen. In that case you can apply force restart or hard reset of iPhone .
- You must press and hold the power key of the device.
- Swipe right to the Slide to power off icon .
- Now turn on the iPhone and the widget should be gone from the lock screen for good.
Turn off Siri music suggestions
As a virtual assistant, Siri offers potential to enhance any experience, including listening to your favorite music. However, it can happen that this quality becomes the cause of the player continually appearing on the lock screen.
If that’s the case, the best thing you can do is disable Siri’s music suggestions , as follows:
- Locate the Settings app on the iPhone.
- Select Siri and Search.
- Swipe to Siri Suggestions .
- Turn off the suggestion that Siri shows you.
Update iOS on iPhone
It may happen that the widget you need to remove still persists on the lock screen due to a software glitch . In that case proceed as follows:
- Go to the Settings section, then to General and from there to Software Update .
- Download and install the latest version of iOS for your device model.
- Click Install .
Return iPhone to factory settings
If nothing has worked so far, you can choose to restore the initial conditions of the smartphone. Although this is a procedure through which you will not lose the data you have on the iPhone, it is always advisable to have a backup of important information before proceeding.
- Swipe down and tap Reset iPhone or Transfer, and then tap Reset.
- Now, tap on Reset all settings and confirm the action .
Surely, after applying one of these How To Remove The Music Player From the iPhone Screen you will achieve your goal.
- How to put an iPad or iPhone in DFU or Restore mode
- How to Remove Wi-Fi network from iPhone or iPad
- How to speed up a slow iPhone